The course of “Creative Graphic Design” aims to form a designer of visual communication. To be a professional and creative graphic designer, it is very important to learn the language of visual communication and tools (Softwareʼs) of graphic design. To understand the language of graphic design, the participants will learn the basic design rules, elements, and principles in our theoretical portion. For the implementation of design concepts and generated ideas, design tools (Softwareʼs) will be taught in the practical part of the course. All lectures are divided into two parts, in the first half theoretical part will be covered and in the 2nd half, we will work on practical skills. In this way, we will be able to achieve our aim of making creative and professional graphic designers.
To understand the process of concept building & idea generation, it is important to learn basic rules & language of graphic design. In this part we will cover the following topics with deep details:
1- Introduction to Graphic Design
• Understanding the Principles and Theory of Graphic Design • Standing Strong with a Historical Graphic Design Grounding • Internalize the Graphic Design Process, Conceptual Solutions, Real World Experience, and Creative Application
2- Elements of Graphic Design
• Point • Line • Space • Shape • Texture • Color • Value
• Introduction to Typography • Typefaces • Classifcation of Typography • Anatomy of a Letter • Typographic Measurements • Typographic Standards • Typographic Guidelines
5- Creating images for print, digital media, social media & web
• Image Formats • Resolution • Raster and vector based graphics • Pixels • DPI • Videos
• Definition of Printing • Introduction of Printing • History of Printing • Techniques & Types • Letter press printing • Photogravure Process • Silk Screen printing • Offset printing • Digital Offset Printing • Off-set printing plates • Line block • Half-tone block • Digital Printing • Line negative • Half-tone negative • Pre – Press • How to make a block • Colour correction • Colour Separation • Paper manufacturing • Paper weights & standard sizes • Color Codes • Color Modes • Packaging Process
• Introduction to Photography • Functions of Camera • Camera Modes & Settings • Styles of Photography • Image Details • Aesthetics in Photography • Product Photography • Wedding Photography • Outdoor Shoot • Indoor Shoot • Studio Lights • Furniture & Food Photography • Artistic Eects and Filters • Post Production • Amazing Picture Editing Rules & Techniques • Use of Photoshop and Lightroom
• Introduction of Advertising • Communication Process & Phases • Role of advertising in society • Advertising and Consumer Behavior • Advertising & Marketing Mix • Advertising research • Marketing (Definitions & Introduction) • E-Marketing & Communication • Interactive, Direct Mail & Out of Home Media • Product (Positioning, Differentiation) • Segmentation • Pricing • The Ad Agency, Advertising & Communication industry (Structure of Ad Agency) • Maslow hierarchy of needs • Product Mix • Product Life Cycle
9- Social Media Marketing & Digital Advertisement
Social Media is the need of time and as a Graphic Designer you must know the designing of social media contents technically and the rules of runing a paid and non paid advertisment campaing on various social media platforms. We will learn various ways to design and run a successful advertisment campaign to increase the brand awareness and sale. Social media trends, strategies and marketing techniqies will be studied to get the command on digital advertisement.
10- Website Design and App/Game Design
We will learn complete design process of making creative websites, games and applications. Basic to advnace level techniques will be studied to become an excellent UI designer.
Freelancing is a serious business and there are lots o people who are earning high and have started their own business by working with local and international clients. We will explore various freelancing websites and platforms and we will give proper guidlines and tips to our students so that they would be able to get projects.
Softwares and Design Tools
By proper understanding of design principles and rules, Participants will learn the latest versions of the following design tools to create amazing graphics: • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator • Adobe InDesign • Corel Draw • Adobe After Effects • Adobe PremeirPro • Inpage Urdu • LightroomWith the help of design tools, we will develop the professional skills such as:
• Logo Design • Brand Identity • Social Media Campaigns • Print Media Campaigns • Stationery Design (visiting cards, letter heads, envelop etc.) • Brochure and Catalogue Design • Poster Design • Magazine Design • Typography art work • Illustrations • Photography • Game Design (UI) • Web/App Design (UI) • Environment Design (offce, house, exhibition stall, road maps etc.) • Portfolio Design/Building